Mission Community Church was founded in December 2016 with a small group of less than 10 people. Jonathan Sayles is the founding and lead pastor of Mission Community Church. Jonathan received a call from God in 2016 to start Mission Community Church in New Orleans East. The church was started to transform the community of New Orleans East with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The church's first public service was August 6, 2017.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Mission Community Church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy.
Our mission is to show the love of God to people from all different walks of life and develop them into fully devoted followers of Christ.
At Mission Community Church, we envision:
- sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with thousands of friends, acquaintances, and people in the New Orleans metro area, with many accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior
- having worship services with multiple ethnicities resembling what heaven will look like
- becoming a place where anyone from new believers to mature believers can grow in their relationship with Christ through vibrant worship services, fellowship time, community groups (small groups), Bible study, and serving in missions
- becoming a church that is very involved in serving the people of the community outside of the church building
- being a church where every member feels like family and experiences biblical community through community groups (small groups)
- impacting the world for Christ through supporting, sending out, and serving with local and international missionaries.
- Bible Teaching (the inspired, infallible Word of God) -2 Timothy 3:16
- Salvation by Grace -Ephesians 2:8-9
- Biblical Community (community groups) -Acts 2:46-47
- Authentic Worship -Romans 12:1
- Discipleship & Missions- Matthew 28:18-20
- Compassion –Matthew 9:36
- Multi-ethnic -Revelation 7:9
- Service (Jesus’s example of servant leader)- Matthew 20:25-28
- Stewardship -Psalm 24:1; Luke 16:10-13
- Integrity -Proverbs 12:22; Hebrews 13:18
Our overall ministry philosophy follows an approach we call “D3-Decide, Develop, Disciple," which means the following:
1) make a decision to follow Christ
2) develop as His disciple and grow in relationship with Christ
3) make other disciples.